As part of the ULO Collaboration Project, Rosemary and I held an event yesterday at the Greenbank Project. The day brought all the ULOs together to discuss both the findings from one-to-one discussions held with ULOs, and potential opportunities for collaboration.
The speakers were:
- Paul Clitheroe – Liverpool – Dallas Project
- Andy Woods – Equalities Team, NHS Merseyside
- Mark Weights – SHAP – recent local collaborative example
- Ann Williams – LCC/Healthwatch.
- Aiden Toomey – Office for Disability Issues – Strengthening DPULO Programme Ambassador
After round table discussions with the speakers, we had lunch and the DPULO representatives came together for a general discussion. There was general agreement that they should form a loose network to try out some ideas. This User–Led Network would be a starting point for collaboration. rosemary and I will be writing up an event report for the ULO Collaboraton Project steering group, and I hope to be able to link to an extract here, when it’s done.
It was great seeing both old friends and new people who work for organisations who really make a difference for their service users: People First, Neurosupport, LADP, Breakthrough UK, MOWLL/PACTT, Liverpool Citizens Advocacy, Mental Health Consortium, MDF, Partners in Policy Making and others.