August 2010: NAVCA Tender support service extended across the country – opportunity not to be missed!
Third sector organisations can access a day’s individual consultancy at low cost to support them in submitting tenders to the public sector. The consultancy can be used for for pre-tender support, for example tender suitability assessment, advice on polices and procedures, quality systems, pricing models etc. as well as for tender reviews.
The price for the support has been reduced to £50 for a day’s individual consultancy, the remainder of the fee being paid by the service. Applications can now be taken from organisations based anywhere in England, not just in the original 27 specified areas.
July 2010: New Services available
Three new services, to help you and your business develop:
- Organisational Training and Development – Through the training and coaching programme I can work with you to enhance your skills and understanding, and to produce practical solutions for your organisation.
- Really Useful Tender Training – One to one practical training to improve competitive tendering skills in small businesses. This training is offered in conjunction with RLK Partnerships and CoSE.
- Tender Review Service – A free confidential bid review service to help Liverpool based SMEs tender for public sector contracts. Offered in conjunction with RLK Partnerships and CoSE.
April 2010: Procurement Facilitation Support Continues
After the first three months, the Procurement Facilitation Support Service funded by Liverpool City Council and Liverpool First) has had a resounding response and has successfully achieved the project targets.
By 31st March 2010:
- 25+ Businesses have expressed their interest in the support
- 15+ Businesses have had an initial consultation
- 10+ Business have received an Individual Procurement Facilitation Action Plan and started to take up recommendations to improve their business processes
Support continues to be available for SMEs in Liverpool until March 2011, and includes:
For those new to public sector tendering:
- Identifying if public sector contracting opportunities could help grow your business
- Identifying which public sector bodies you could potentially supply to
- Explaining the procurement processes the specific public sector bodies use
- Facilitating introductions with relevant public bodies
- Support for the development of internal businesses systems needed to be able to successfully tender for and deliver public sector contracts
- Ensuring your organisation has the measures in place to manage the risks associated with delivering contracts
- Supporting you throughout the whole tendering process where appropriate
For those familiar with public sector tendering:
- Review of any previous unsuccessful tenders, with recommendation for improvements for the future
- Supporting completion of tender submissions
- Confidential independent review of tenders before submission
January 2010: Procurement Facilitation Contract
As an associate of RLK Partnerships, I worked with them on their successful tender to deliver Procurement Facilitation services to SMEs in Liverpool.
RLK Partnerships, in partnership with CoSE, have been contracted by Liverpool City Council, on behalf of Liverpool Jet Service, to deliver these services to SMEs in Liverpool . They are working with both CoSE and ourselves to deliver this intensive new contract.
Initially this will involve working with businesses intending to tender for contracts with RSLs, helping them to identify improvements, develop their processes and procedures and develop skills to help make them ‘tender ready’.
December 2009: Approved NAVCA National Tender Support Project Consultant
Alex Hunter has been approved as a consultant for the NAVCA Tender Support Project (TSP)
The Tender Support Project aims to improve the tender submissions of third sector organisations (TSOs) bidding to deliver public service contracts by providing individual guidance, advice and support on tender submissions.
The project runs until the end of March 2011.
The TSP is being delivered through the National Programme for Third Sector Commissioning. The Office of the Third Sector (Cabinet Office) commissioned the Improvement and Development Agency (IDeA) to develop and deliver the Programme for Third Sector Commissioning and in May 2009 they were awarded the contract deliver phase two of the programme. The Tender Support Project is part of the strand to ‘develop the bidding capacity of the third sector’. More information about how to access the project can be found on the NAVCA website.